Final Score: Mentor 56, Shaker Heights 14
Half Time Score: Mentor 35, Shaker Heights 6
After tonight’s win, Mentor is now 5-1 on the season, while Shaker Heights stands at 4-2 following the loss.
Coach of the Week: Steve Trivisonno
MVP of Game: Conner Krizancic, Quarterback
Big Plays of the Night:
1. Mentor defensive back Austin Hankins blocked a punt and returned it five yards for a touchdown
2. Krizancic threw a 38-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Corey Plavcan
3. Shaker Heights wide receiver Odell Spencer had a 44-yard kickoff return
4. Shaker Heights quarterback Brian Jones threw an 80-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Nolan Jackson-Daniel
Key Stats (by player):
Home Team Stats (Mentor)
1. Krizancic -- 14 of 24 for 186 yards passing and 13 rushing attempts for 118 yards, four total touchdowns (two passing, two rushing).
2. Eddie Daugherty -- Seven rushing attempts for 32 yards, eight receptions for 108 yards, 62 punt-return yards, 31 kick-off return yards, two total touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving)
Away Team Stats (Shaker Heights)
1. Jones -- Nine of 20 for 135 yards passing and two passing touchdowns.
2. Ramses Owens -- 18 rushing attempts for 56 yardsAlso make sure to follow @BrownsYouthFB on Twitter to stay up to date on all Cleveland Browns youth and high-school football programing throughout the year.