Game Recap: Packers 31, Browns 13

Posted Oct 20, 2013

GREEN BAY, Wisc. -- The Cleveland Browns fell to the Green Bay Packers, 31-13, at Lambeau Field Sunday.

GREEN BAY, Wisc. -- Despite a late fourth-quarter touchdown pass from quarterback Brandon Weeden to tight end Jordan Cameron, the Cleveland Browns dropped to 3-4 on the season after a 31-13 loss to the Green Bay Packers (4-2) at Lambeau Field Sunday.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers extended the Packers’ lead over the Browns to 31-13 with a 20-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Jarrett Boykin with 3:44 to play in the fourth quarter.

Boykin’s catch finished off a four-play, 54-yard drive that took 2:23 off the fourth-quarter clock.

Weeden threaded the needle between two defenders for a two-yard touchdown pass to Cameron and cut the Green Bay Packers’ lead over the Browns to 24-13 with 6:13 left in the fourth quarter.

On the second of two attempts at a fade route, the Packers were penalized for lining up offsides. With the extra snap, Weeden took the Shotgun snap on fourth-and-two and fired a strike to Cameron.

The Browns’ scoring drive was set up by wide receiver Travis Benjamin’s 86-yard kickoff return.

Rodgers threw a one-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Jordy Nelson and extended the Packers’ lead over the Browns to 24-6 with just over eight minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

Rodgers engineered the five-play, 69-yard drive in 2:39.

The Packers held a 17-6 lead over the Browns after three quarters of play.

Cleveland kicker Billy Cundiff converted a 44-yard field goal -- his second of the game -- and cut the Packers’ lead to 17-6 with 5:03 to play in the third quarter.

Cundiff’s kick finished off the Browns’ seven-play, 20-yard drive that lasted 1:45.

Mason Crosby’s 26-yard field goal with three seconds remaining in the first half gave the Green Bay Packers a 17-3 lead over the Cleveland Browns heading into the locker room for halftime.

Earlier in the half, Cundiff cut the Green Bay lead to 14-3 with 5:11 to play in the first half with a 46-yard field goal through the uprights in the Southwest end zone.

Cundiff’s kick capped off a 13-play, 60-yard drive that took 6:25 off the second-quarter clock.

With touchdowns on the ground and through the air, the Packers held a 14-0 lead over the Browns after the first quarter.

Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy ran for a one-yard touchdown and extended the Packers’ lead over the Browns to 14-0 with 3:44 to play in the first quarter.

Lacy’s one-yard scoring run, his second of the season, capped off an 11-play, 56-yard drive that took 5:49 off the first-quarter clock. Through the Packers’ first two drives, Lacy rushed for 34 yards and the touchdown on six carries, including a 13-yarder good for a first down two plays before the score.

The Packers’ second scoring drive started when Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden’s pass attempt to wide receiver Davone Bess on fourth-and-one from Green Bay’s 37-yard line was intercepted by cornerback Davon House. It was House’s first career interception.

Earlier in the game, Green Bay tight end Jermichael Finley gave the Packers a 7-0 lead over the Browns with a 10-yard touchdown reception from Rodgers with 12:22 left to play in the first quarter.

Finley ran to the left of the formation, caught the pass and spun his way through a tackle attempt from Browns linebacker Craig Robertson. Then, he worked his way through two more attempts from safety Tashaun Gipson and cornerback Buster Skrine before pushing his way across the goal line.

The Packers’ first drive, which covered 40 yards in four plays and took 1:38 off the clock, started after Micah Hyde returned Spencer Lanning’s 37-yard punt 18 yards.

Recent Headlines