The Cleveland Browns give back to Northeast Ohio with a commitment to education and youth football while engaging the community through our signature First and Ten volunteer movement.
Through the First and Ten movement, we have an unwavering commitment to active military and veterans. In appreciation of our military, we strive to reach all branches, and this year the Cleveland Browns are excited to announce an extension of our support through the NFL Salute to Service Campaign.
The NFL has partnered with the Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) to support military and their families, investing in our nation's heroes. After a successful first grant cycle totaling donations over $720,000 to seven different veteran-serving organizations, they are looking forward to helping more people.
The second grant cycle which is now open!
Are you a military non-profit organization? Nonprofit organizations can submit a proposal until December 21 if your organization would like to be considered for this cycle. Applications will be reviewed by the BWF team in the order that they are submitted.
If you are part of a veteran-run nonprofit or support veterans through the service you provide, please see below for details on how to apply for the grants through the Bob Woodruff Foundation:
- Visit https://bobwoodrufffoundation.org/nfl/ for an introduction to the grant referral pipeline.
- Click the button titled: "Click Here to Submit a Proposal Summary" to be directed to the Charitable Investments Program Guidelines page on the BWF website. (This page describes the requirements and expectations that organizations must be aware of prior to applying for a grant from the foundation).
- If you have any questions about the application process, please email a member of the Bob Woodruff Charitable Investments team: email@example.com.
- Next, click on "Submit your proposal summary by clicking here" to be directed to the final page in the process (found here).
- The final question will ask if your organization has ever received a grant from the NFL, or the Cleveland Browns before. It will also ask whether the NFL or the Cleveland Browns referred you to the grant pipeline.
About the Cleveland Browns and Browns Give Back:
The Browns Give Back to Northeast Ohio with a commitment to education and youth football while engaging the community through the team's signature First and Ten volunteer movement. For more information, visit www.clevelandbrowns.com/brownsgiveback.
Education – The Cleveland Browns are dedicated to improving the quality of education for students in Northeast Ohio by making investments that keep kids in school every day so they can succeed. The team engages local schools and promotes education in various capacities throughout the year to help identify and remove attendance barriers and support engagement opportunities for students to thrive by monitoring attendance patterns to help understand how best to support students and schools.
Youth Football – The Cleveland Browns are committed to assisting the development, safety and growth of youth and high school football throughout Northeast Ohio with year-round programming for players, coaches, officials and parents. Through camps, clinics and other initiatives, the Browns' goal is to promote healthy, social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of youth by enhancing opportunities for youth football participation and education.
First and Ten – Launched in June 2014, the Cleveland Browns First and Ten campaign is the team's community program, established to inspire fans to #give10 and help their communities by volunteering for 10 hours each year. Through First and Ten, the Browns are the only NFL club to promote a long-term volunteering program that unifies the team and its entire fan base, with the goal of impacting every individual's city across the globe, as well as the franchise's local community. To date, nearly two million hours of volunteering have been pledged through First and Ten. All Browns fans are encouraged to join the volunteering effort by signing the First and Ten pledge on the team's website and by sharing their stories with #give10.