· Made return to Cleveland in 2020 after breaking into the NFL with the Browns in 2009-10. Re-joined the club as senior defensive assistant and was promoted to run game coordinator in 2021.
· Worked closely with the defensive front seven in 2020, preparing the weekly run game game plan. Helped the Browns finish ninth in the league in run defense after finishing 30th in 2019. DE Myles Garrett earned first team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors.
· Helped the Browns finish the 2021 season fifth in the NFL in total defense, marking just the third time since 1970 the team finished in the top-five and the club's highest finish since 1987. The Browns were one of just three NFL teams (Green Bay and San Francisco) to finish 2021 in the top-12 in total defense, run defense and pass defense. Garrett earned first team All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors after setting the franchise single-season sack record with 16.
· Spent nine seasons (2011-19) with the Dallas Cowboys, serving as linebackers coach from 2018-19. Helped develop 2018 first-round pick LB Leighton Vander Esch, who became the first rookie linebacker in Cowboys history to be selected to the Pro Bowl. Vander Esch led the team with a franchise rookie record 176 tackles. In 2019, helped LB Jaylon Smith to his first career Pro Bowl after leading Dallas with a career-high 142 tackles.
· Served as assistant coach/special projects from 2016-17, advising the head coach on game plan matchups and schemes, personnel group strategies, film and statistical analysis, game management and situational football strategy.
· Working with defensive ends in 2015, Bloom helped DeMarcus Lawrence lead the team with eight sacks, while placing second with 31 pressures. Along with Greg Hardy's six sacks, accounted for 14 of the club's 31 sacks.
· While working with the defensive ends in 2014, Jeremy Mincey led the club with six sacks and 39 quarterback pressures.
· Assisting the linebackers in 2012, Bloom helped DeMarcus Ware (11.5) and Anthony Spencer (11) earn Pro Bowl berths with each reaching double-digit sacks.
· Served as defensive quality control coach and team operations assistant during first stint with the Browns (2009-10). During that time, he helped prepare the defense during practice and with the breakdown of film for upcoming opponents.
· Spent four years coaching in the college ranks at Tufts (2005-07) and Harvard (2008).
· Three-year letter winner on the Tufts offensive line, where he earned a bachelor's degree in history in 2005 and master's in education in 2008.
· A native of Wellesley, Mass.
· Bloom and his wife, Eliot, have two daughters, Georgia and Edie, and a son, Bern.
Ben Bloom's Coaching Background:
2005-07 Tufts University, defensive line/graduate assistant
2008 Harvard University, assistant defensive line coach
2009 Cleveland Browns, team operations assistant/quality control coach
2010 Cleveland Browns, defensive quality control coach
2011-13 Dallas Cowboys, defensive quality control/assistant linebackers
2014 Dallas Cowboys, assistant defensive line coach/defensive ends
2015 Dallas Cowboys, defensive ends coach
2016-17 Dallas Cowboys, assistant coach/special projects
2018-19 Dallas Cowboys, linebackers coach
2020 Cleveland Browns, senior defensive assistant
2021- Cleveland Browns, run game coordinator