· Joined the Browns as chief of staff in 2020 and added assistant wide receiver coach duties to responsibilities in 2022.
· Played eight seasons as a safety, running back and slot receiver for the D.C. Divas of the Women's Football Alliance. A five-time team captain and four-time All-American.
· Two-time gold medalist (Finland in 2013 and Vancouver in 2017) with Team USA Women's Football.
· Joined the Browns in 2020 and made NFL history in her first season with the club. Became the first woman to coach an NFL position group in a game when she served as the team's acting tight ends coach during a Week 12 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame for her accomplishments as artifacts from the game (sideline jacket, autographed ball) were put on display. Also served as acting wide receivers coach during a Week 17 victory against the Steelers in 2020 and acting running backs coach in Week 15 against the Raiders in 2021.
· Served as head coach of the 2022 U.S. Women's Tackle National Team. The U.S. team competed at the 2022 International Federation of American Football (IFAF) Women's Tackle World Championship in Vantaa, Finland, from July 27-August 8. Oversaw a roster of 45 players and seven assistant coaches.
· Turned a training camp internship with the Buffalo Bills in 2019 into a full-time position on Sean McDermott's staff. She aided a group that saw the Bills accomplish a 10-win season, their first double-digit win campaign in the 21st century. Buffalo also reached the AFC Wild Card and finished second in the AFC East.
· Prior to Buffalo, was offered a two-week internship by Dartmouth head coach Buddy Teevens that turned into a full-time position as an offensive quality control coach, becoming the first full-time female football coach in Division I.
· Also coached at her alma mater, Mount Vernon High School, under famed coach Barry Wells, who recruited her to coach on his staff.
· Interned in the New York Jets personnel department and attended the Manning Passing Academy, where she served as one of the 16 female coaches for the first women's clinic held at the prestigious camp.
· Serves as one of 22 members of USA Football's Football Development Council. The Council is comprised of medical, football and long-term athlete development experts to open more paths to the fun of playing football and improve upon existing ones. USA Football is the sport's national governing body and a member of the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee.
· Earned her bachelor's degree in sport management from George Mason University in 2015.
· Native of Alexandria, Va.
Callie Brownson's Professional Playing Background:
2010-17 D.C. Divas, safety/running back/slot receiver
Callie Brownson's Coaching Background:
2015-17 Mount Vernon High School, assistant coach
2017 New York Jets, college/professional personnel scouting intern
2018 Dartmouth College, coaching intern
2018 Dartmouth College, offensive quality control coach
2019 Buffalo Bills, coaching intern
2020-21 Cleveland Browns, chief of staff
2022 U.S. Women's Tackle National Team, head coach
2022- Cleveland Browns, chief of staff/assistant wide receivers coach