The Browns took Notre Dame quarterback DeShone Kizer with the No. 52 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Here are five things to know.
- Kizer (6-foot-4, 233 pounds) is a big, tall and athletic quarterback with a big arm. In two seasons at Notre Dame, he completed 60 percent of his passes for 5,805 yards, 47 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. Quick on his feet, Kizer also ran for 997 yards and 18 touchdowns over that span.
- After an injury sidelined teammate Malik Zaire in 2015, Kizer was thrown into the fire as a redshirt freshman. He promptly guided Notre Dame to a 10-3 season, a Fiesta Bowl appearance and passed for 2,884 yards and 21 touchdowns in the process.
- The following season proved to be more challenging for Kizer and the Fighting Irish, who finished 4-8 in part because of injuries and other dynamics. Kizer, though, took ownership of the campaign at the Combine last month. "The ball's in my hands every play. I've just gotta make more plays," he said then. "I just didn't make enough plays. The ball's in my hand every play. It's my job at Notre Dame to put us in position to win games, to trust in the guys around me and develop the guys around me to make those plays with me."
- To be sure, Kizer is no stranger to playing in the spotlight or handling the pressures that come with the position.
"Playing at Notre Dame I think is the biggest stage in college football, especially being the quarterback there," he said at the Combine.
"Not only are you representing 80,000 people who are in that stadium every day, but you're also representing the second-biggest Catholic institution in the world. With that international fan base, there's a lot of responsibility for the quarterback. I was able to take that, own it and make it mine."
- Kizer hails from Toledo, Ohio, where he was the star quarterback for powerhouse Toledo Central Catholic and a four-star recruit.
The Cleveland Browns draft DeShone Kizer at No. 52 in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Single Game Ticket Information
2017 single game tickets will go on-sale at a later date. Fill out the form below to be contacted when single game tickets are available.