In 2016, the Bluecoats will again partner with the Cleveland Browns to present the "Cleveland Browns Drumline," a percussion entertainment performance ensemble featured at every home pre-season and regular season game of the Browns' 2016 season. Please see below for details on how to audition for the drumline and all pertinent rules, regulations and eligibility requirements. If you are accepted to perform in the ensemble, you will be paid for each appearance.
Live Open Auditions:
All individuals (age 18 or over) interested in auditioning for a snare, tenor, bass drum or cymbal position should attend the live open auditions held at First Energy Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio from 9am – 12pm on Sunday, May 22nd. A $50 fee will be charged to each individual auditioning. Cash, check, VISA or MasterCard will be accepted.
Parking is available at First Energy Stadium in the north lot, located on the north side of the stadium. Please bring cash for parking in the event the city is charging for parking on that date. Registration opens at 8:30am, and the entrance will be located on the north side of the stadium (directly across from the parking lot).
Audition Process & Music:
All individuals auditioning will be assessed on playing ability, attitude, physical fitness, and your ability to meet all performance commitments. While subject to change, we are targeting the instrumentation of 8 snares, 4 cymbals, 4 tenors and 5 bass drums. Please download the auditions materials below and be prepared to successfully play these materials (from memory) during your audition. Please also bring a drum, stand and sticks with you to use.
If you are unable to attend the live open auditions on May 22nd, you may submit an audition video by following these instructions.
Each performer of the Cleveland Browns Drumline will be paid $100 per performance as compensation for their time and travel. Rehearsals are not compensated. The full rehearsal and performance schedule will be posted following the announcement of the full 2016 NFL schedule.
– All performers must be at least 18 years of age.
– All performers must have previous percussion performance experience and be able to read music.
– All performers must be available for all rehearsals, gameday performances and any additional public appearances.
– We are searching for qualified MALE and FEMALE performers.
Rules & Regulations:
– All performers must adhere to the Bluecoats/Cleveland Browns personal appearance and conduct policy.
– All performers will be responsible for the care of their uniform issued to the by the Cleveland Browns.
– All performers must be on time to all rehearsals and performances.