One of the Browns' most important moves of 2018 happened well after the start of the league year.
On March 30, Cleveland signed veteran Drew Stanton, who served an invaluable role in the Browns' quarterback room. It's a luxury to have a third option with as much experience and as much ability as Stanton possesses, and Cleveland took full advantage.
It's been a little less than a full week since the 2019 league year opened with a flourish, and the vast majority of high-profile free agents have found their new homes. But there are still plenty of fish in the sea, and the value is there.
Will the Browns take advantage? That remains to be seen.
With some help from NFL.com's Top 101 Free Agents list, here are some of the best available players at each position.
(101) Sam Bradford - The former No. 1 pick started three games last season for the Cardinals before giving way to rookie Josh Rosen.
(59) Jay Ajayi - He's two years removed from a 1,272-yard season and appeared in just three games last season for the Eagles because of an injury.
(68) C.J. Anderson - The unlikely secret weapon for the Rams in the playoffs is still looking for a new home.
(84) T.J. Yeldon - The former second-round pick is coming off a productive 2018 in which he amassed 414 yards on the ground and 487 through the air as Jacksonville's change-of-pace back.
The Browns' roster as of June 13, 2019.
(73) Michael Crabtree - The veteran spent his 10th season with the Ravens and caught 54 passes.
(80) Kelvin Benjamin - The big target had more than 1,000 yards as a rookie but just 380 last year with two different teams.
(21) Jared Cook - His 10th season was his best, as he caught 68 passes for 896 yards and six touchdowns.
(74) Quinton Spain - The fifth-year guard started 48 games for the Titans.
(12) Ndamukong Suh - Entering his 10th season, Suh is still one of the best at the position.
(69) Corey Liuget - He's started 103 games but saw his 2018 campaign come to an unfortunate end with season-ending quadriceps surgery.
(71) Darius Philon - He started 13 games in his fourth season with the Chargers.
(88) Muhammad Wilkerson - The 2015 Pro Bowler appeared in just three games for the Packers last season.
(100) Brent Urban - The sixth-year veteran started all 16 games for the Ravens in 2018.
(8) Justin Houston - The four-time Pro Bowler had nine sacks in his eighth season with the Chiefs.
(15) Ziggy Ansah - Injuries have marred the talented pass rusher's last three seasons.
(92) Shane Ray - The former first-round pick saw his playing time diminish in his fourth season in Denver.
(96) Derrick Morgan - He had a career-best nine sacks in 2016.
(97) Nick Perry - He started 48 games over seven seasons with the Packers.
(99) Benson Mayowa - He's coming off one of his better seasons, registering four sacks with the Cardinals.
(29) Zach Brown - The 2016 Pro Bowler has 632 tackles over seven seasons.
(55) Jamie Collins - The Browns released Collins earlier this month.
Take a look at a selection of photos of new Browns wideout Odell Beckham Jr., including ones from his time with new teammate Jarvis Landry back when they both attended LSU.
(49) Darqueze Dennard - The 2014 Bengals first-rounder started a career-high nine games last season.
(50) Morris Claiborne - He had 14 passes defensed with the Jets last year.
(91) Glover Quin - The longtime Lion started 156 games over 10 seasons.
(93) Eric Berry - The five-time Pro Bowler was released by the Chiefs at the start of the league year.
(77) Stephen Gostkowski - The longtime Patriot was 27-of-32 last season.