· Former defensive back who helped his teams win the Super Bowl (Indianapolis Colts in 2006) and Grey Cup (Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2007).
· Joined the Browns in 2020 and helped the defense rank among the league leaders in takeaways, including leading the league in red zone takeaways. Helped CB Denzel Ward finish tied for second in the NFL with 18 passes defensed, despite only playing in 12 games.
· Helped the Browns finish the 2021 season fifth in the NFL in total defense, marking just the third time since 1970 the team ranked in the top-five and the club's highest finish since 1987. The club also finished fifth in the league in pass defense, its highest finish since 2011. The Browns were one of just three NFL teams (Green Bay and San Francisco) to close 2021 in the top-12 in total defense, run defense and pass defense. Ward earned his second career Pro Bowl selection and recorded the longest interception return in the NFL in 2021 (99-yards). Also oversaw the development of first-round pick CB Greg Newsome II, who was named to the PFWA All-Rookie team.
· Spent three seasons coaching at East Carolina, overseeing the secondary (2017) and the cornerbacks (2018-19).
· Coached the secondary at Northern Iowa for four seasons (2013-16). Helped produce 11 All-Missouri Valley Conference selections and developed three FCS All-America performers, including Chicago Bears fourth-round draft choice Deiondre' Hall.
· Participated in the prestigious Bill Walsh NFL diversity coaching fellowship with the Minnesota Vikings in 2013 and was invited to attend the NCAA & NFL Coaching Academy.
· Spent 2004 with the Tennessee Titans after signing as an undrafted free agent. Played two seasons (2005-06) with the Colts before spending three seasons (2007-09) in the CFL with the Roughriders.
· Two-time team captain at Middle Tennessee State, where he graduated with a degree in liberal studies.
· Lynch and his wife, Francesca, have three children, daughters, Jordan and Peyton, and son Brandon II.
Brandon Lynch's Professional Playing Background:
2004 Tennessee Titans, safety
2005-06 Indianapolis Colts, corner/safety
2007-09 Saskatchewan Roughriders, safety
Brandon Lynch's Coaching Background:
2010 Wilmington College, NFLPA coaching intern
2011 NFLPA Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game, assistant coach
2011 Sacramento Mountain Lions, UFL coaching intern
2011-13 Lenoir-Rhyne University, secondary coach
2013 Minnesota Vikings, Bill Walsh NFL diversity coaching fellowship
2013-14 University of Northern Iowa, secondary coach
2015-16 University of Northern Iowa, secondary/associate head coach for defense
2017 East Carolina University, secondary coach
2018-19 East Carolina University, cornerbacks coach
2020- Cleveland Browns, assistant defensive backs coach