· In fifth season with the Browns as the team's assistant strength and conditioning coach, after being named to his position on March 16, 2018.
· Prior to joining the Browns, spent 2017 in the same capacity with the Notre Dame Football program, working closely with an offensive line that consisted of future NFL All-Pro Quenton Nelson and PFWA All-Rookie Mike McGlinchey. The unit earned the Joe Moore Award as the nation's top-rated offensive line.
· Before Notre Dame, spent four years working with Browns director of strength and conditioning Larry Jackson at Texas A&M (2013-17).
· Spent 13 years at the University of Houston (2001-13), where he served as the school's assistant director of sports performance. With the Cougars, Jones worked with football, baseball, women's basketball, softball, track (field events), soccer, swimming and diving and tennis programs. Under Jones' performance coaching, QB Case Keenum concluded his college career at Houston (2006-11) as the NCAA's all-time leading passer with 19,217 yards and 155 touchdowns.
· Worked as an adjunct lecturer for the Health and Human Performance Department and served as a senior advisor for strength and conditioning at The Edge Extreme in Flower Mound, Texas.
· Before joining Houston's athletic department in 2001, Jones taught undergraduate courses in the university's Health and Human Performance Department for the entirety of the 2000-01 school year. Also served as the head trainer and director of operations at The Exchange Athletic Club in Dallas, Texas (1998) and as an assistant strength and conditioning coach at North Texas from 1997-98 season. Also served as a volunteer strength and conditioning coach at SMU in 1997.
· Earned his bachelor's degree in exercise physiology from Washburn in 1994 and master's degree in exercise science from Houston in 2003. Recognized as the 1994 Physical Education Major of the Year and the NASPE Physical Education Major of the Year.
· Jones is a Master Strength and Conditioning Coach and is certified by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association. He's also a certified strength and conditioning specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association and Sports Performance Coach by USA Weightlifting.
· Jones has earned a RPR Level 1 (Reflexive Performance Reset) certification, as well as being The Ready State 101 and The Ready State 102 Movement and Mobility certified. He's also a CPPS Football Preparation Specialist.
· Jones and his wife, Nicole, have three daughters, Abigail, Madison and Haley.
Dale Jones' Coaching Background:
1997 Southern Methodist University, volunteer strength and conditioning coach
1997-98 University of North Texas, assistant strength and conditioning coach
1998 The Exchange Athletic Club, head trainer and director of operations
2001-13 University of Houston, assistant director of sports performance
2013-17 Texas A&M University, football sports performance coach
2017 University of Notre Dame, assistant strength and conditioning coach-football
2018- Cleveland Browns, assistant strength and conditioning coach