Jr. Browns NFL FLAG is the Cleveland Browns official youth flag football program for children 5-14 years old. This program provides boys and girls the opportunity to play in one of the NFL's largest organized non-contact football leagues.
About the Program
Start Your Own Jr. Browns NFL FLAG Program
There are multiple Jr. Browns NFL FLAG programs around the State of Ohio, but it is our goal for you to join as well. Each program receives the following:
• Opportunity to receive a FREE ticket to a preseason home game (PLAY Football month)
• Additional discounted tickets available to family and friends
• Experiences and prizes (merchandise, pregame field passes, on-field photos, sideline anthem line up)
• Access to exclusively discounted Jr. Browns tickets for regular season games
• Opportunity to receive FREE passes/admission to Training Camp (Jr. Browns NFL FLAG Day at Training Camp)
• Organization name on ClevelandBrowns.com
• Use of Jr. Browns branding/marks to help market your league
• Jr. Browns certificate of achievement
• Discounted price on Cleveland Browns NFL FLAG kits
• Invitation to Cleveland Browns Youth Football Camps
• Team photo at FirstEnergy Stadium
• Recognize one coach as the Jr. Browns NFL FLAG Coach of the Year
• Eligibility to play in regional tournaments and Championships at Pro Bowl
Jr. Browns NFL FLAG Coach of the Year
Every year the League Director will nominate one coach per league to be the Jr. Browns NFL FLAG Coach of the Year. The Coach of the Year will receive the following:
• Commemorative Football
• Coach of the Year certificate
• Invitation to a preseason game
• Recognition during a Browns home game
• Online recognition on ClevelandBrowns.com
Nomination forms will be available later in the flag football season.
The Browns find it essential that youth in the area stay just as active in the community, as they do on the field. The Kid of the Week program allows youth programs the opportunity to identify with the Browns, while recognizing young athletes for contributions to their team and community. The Football Kid of the Week will feature a football player between the ages of 6-13 who excels on and off the field as a teammate and as a member of the community.
Designed by USA Football, the Rookie Tackle model is part of the Youth Football Player Development Pathway, which serves as a bridge game from flag to traditional 11-player tackle football.
Unlike traditional 11-player tackle, all players will have the opportunity to learn and play multiple positions. A 7-on-7 format allows for higher coach-to-player ratio leading to advanced player skill development. Another noticeable difference is the smaller field (40 x 35 1/3) to fit the right age, right stage of the player.