- The selections of Danny Shelton (12th overall) and Cameron Erving (19th overall) mark the ninth time the Browns have made two first-round selections in the same draft.
Multiple first-round picks by Browns in same draft
- Shelton joins Phil Taylor (21st overall in 2011), Gerard Warren (third overall in 2001) and Courtney Brown (first overall in 2000) as the only defensive linemen selected by the Browns in the first round since 1999.
- Shelton is the sixth player from Washington to be drafted by the Browns and first since LBJeremiah Pharms was a fifth-round choice in 2001.
- Erving joins Alex Mack (21st in 2009), Joe Thomas (third in 2007) and Jeff Faine (21st in 2003) as the only offensive linemen selected by the Browns in the first round since 1999.
- Erving is the 14th player from Florida State drafted by Cleveland and first since LB Kamerion Wimbleywas a first-round pick in 2006.
- The second and third rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft will be held Friday, May 1, beginning at 7 p.m. Teams will have seven minutes per selection in Round 2 and five minutes per choice in Round 3. The Browns currently have the 11th selection (43rd overall) in the second round and the 13th (77th overall) in the third round.