Patriots at Browns , Sun.: 1:00 p.m. ET [
- Isaiah Crowell is currently second in the NFL with 386 yards and leads the NFL at 6.4 yards per carry. Crow is the top graded runner by Pro Football Focus and currently is tops in their elusiveness rating and breakaway percentages. The Browns will need a lot of Crow against the Pats, who have allowed every single runner who has seen at least 10 carries against them to produce at least 12.7 Fantasy points. Those three runners who have received double-digit carries against the Pats have averaged a healthy 18 points per game in 2016.
- Duke Johnson Jr. is second in the league with a 6.1 yards per carry average and has produced at least 75 total yards in each of the last two games. For PPR players, Johnson has seen at least five targets in every game and has 15 catches in the last three weeks alone.
- Terrelle Pryor Sr. has found the end zone in each of the last two games, once as a runner and once as a receiver, and will look to make it three in a row against the Pats. No receiver has scored against the Pats in either of the last two games, but five receivers have produced double-digit FanDuel points against them this year.
- Gary Barnidge has been a Top 12 FanDuel tight end in both games with Cody Kessler at quarterback. The Pats have not allowed a tight end to reach 55 yards against them all year and only one tight end has reached the end zone or the 10-point barrier against them, and that was former Brown Jordan Cameron back in Week 2.
- That Tom Brady guy is back this week and has a very good matchup against a Browns pass defense that has allowed multiple passing touchdowns in seven straight games and 12 of the last 13.
- The Browns have faced only two teams with a true lead running back and those backs have rushed for 194 yards and two touchdowns while producing an average of 16.5 FanDuel points per game. LeGarrette Blount is the fourth-leading rusher in the NFL (352 yards) and is averaging 22 carries per game. That number is sure to go down with Brady back, but he will get plenty of chances to improve upon his four rushing touchdowns (third most in the NFL).
- Dating back to last year, the opposing reception leader has scored in seven straight games against the Browns.
- A wide receiver has caught a touchdown in 10 of the last 11 games against the Browns.
- The Browns are allowing eight catches for 81.25 yards and 0.5 touchdowns per game to the tight end position this year. That translates to a whopping 15 FanDuel points per game to tight ends and Jordan Reed just hung two scores and 23.8 points on them in Week 4.
- Martellus Bennett is the leading receiver for the Pats with 247 yards on the year. He is averaging a ridiculous 16.5 yards per catch, leads all tight ends at 12.4 yards per target and has 100-plus receiving yards in two of his last three games. Oh yeah, that Rob Gronkowski guy says he will be at full strength this week as well for the first time this year.
Three Bonus Facts
- Derek Carr has thrown for eight touchdowns in his last three games and has a very favorable matchup with the Chargers in Week 5. Carr threw for 289 yards and three scores in the first matchup with the Chargers last year and has thrown at least 35 passes in all four games this year. Quarterbacks have thrown for at least 329 yards in three straight games against the Chargers and are averaging 21.3 Fantasy points per game against them during that span.
- Jordan Howard was the main man running the rock for the Bears in Week 4 with Jeremy Langford out as he rushed for 111 yards on 23 carries against the Lions. He added three catches for 21 yards to boot and takes on a Colts team that has to make the long trek back from England this week and turn around to play the Bears quickly. That has to wear on the Colts, who also cut two defensive starters this week. On the year, the Colts have allowed at least 13.7 Fantasy points to the opposing primary ball carrier in every game and they are averaging nearly 18 points per contest.
- Jordan Matthews enters Week 5 with two touchdowns in three starts and a double-digit per game point average. He is the clear top target for Carson Wentz and with two weeks to game plan, he should have his way with an undermanned Detroit secondary. The opposing top target has topped 100 yards in each of the last two games against the Lions and is averaging a healthy 22.5 Fantasy points per game in those games.