Week 4 of Cleveland Browns High School Game of the Week presented PNC Bank Postgame Notes
B – Gergye, 29 yard FG attempt good
B – Best, 1 yard rushing TD (PAT no good)
B –Best, 9 yard rushing TD (PAT good)
H –Stolar, 7 yard rushing TD (PAT no good)
Coach of the Week: Ron Rutt
MVP of the Game: Nick Best #20, RB
Key Stats (by player):
- Nick Jablonski (RB #22) - 3 catches for 12 yards; 13 carries for 58 yards
- Joe Carter (QB #19) 18/28 for 123 yards; 5 carries for 27 yards
- Jack Stolar (RB #25)- 12 carries for 65 yards, 1TD
- Nick Best (RB #20) 30 carries for 175 yards rushing, 2TDs
- Jalen Jack ( QB #10) 2/3 for 27 yards; 3 rushes for 27 yards
- Trey Psota (RB #27) 7 carries for 31 yards
Play Like a Brown Play of the Game:
Nick Best dominated the whole game, but his play of the game came in the third quarter when he rushed for 9 yards, breaking several tackles, to put the Rockets ahead 16 points in the 3 quarter.
While visiting a different community each week for the Cleveland Browns High School Game of the Week, we come across an overwhelming amount of selfless individuals who help make high school football so special in their respected communities. This week we met Mindy Ring and her friend Amy Nicholas, who volunteer in the concession stands at each Green Wave football game. They both take tremendous pride in connecting with members in the community and by giving back. How are you giving back? Share your stories using #give10.
Learn more and take the pledge to #give10 http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/community/firstandten.html.
Stats courtesy of Aaron Kearns
Make sure to follow @BrownsYouthFB on Twitter to stay up to date on all Cleveland Browns youth and high-school football programing throughout the year.