Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers | Bank of America Stadium | Dec. 21, 2014
· The Browns recorded one interception to increase their season total to 21, the club's highest total since registering 23 in 2008. Cleveland entered the week first in the NFL in interceptions. The Browns have recorded at least one interception in each of the past 11 games.
· Cleveland recorded two takeaways (one interception and one fumble recovery). The Browns defense has forced 29 turnovers this season, including 24 turnovers in the past 10 games. On the season, the team owns a 8 turnover ratio.
· TE Jordan Cameron recorded three catches for 88 yards, including a career-long 81-yard touchdown catch. His 81-yard score is the Browns' longest play of the season and the longest catch by an NFL tight end this year.
· DL Ahtyba Rubin appeared in his 100th career regular-season game. He is the ninth Brown, fourth defensive player and second defensive lineman to play 100 games with Cleveland since the club returned in 1999. Rubin joins WR Joshua Cribbs, LB Andra Davis, K Phil Dawson, TE Steve Heiden, DB Daylon McCutcheon, LS Ryan Pontbriand, DL Orpheus Roye and OL Joe Thomas.
· LB Karlos Dansby registered a game-high 12 tackles. He missed the previous four games with a knee injury.
· Making his Browns debut, LB Scott Solomon recorded four tackles, one sack and forced a fumble. He was added to the active roster from the practice squad yesterday.
· QB Johnny Manziel completed three of eight passes for 32 yards before leaving the game with a hamstring injury in the second quarter.
· QB Brian Hoyer completed seven of 13 passes for 134 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He recorded a career-long 81-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter.
· WR Josh Gordon recorded four catches for 45 yards. His 2,754 receiving yards are the most by a Brown in their first 35 games with the team.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS IN FIRST 35 GAMES WITH THE BROWNS
Player Pos. Total
1. Josh Gordon WR 2,754
2. Braylon Edwards WR 2,148
3. Kellen Winslow TE 2,078
· DL Billy Winn recorded his second career interception. His first came during his rookie season against Pittsburgh on Nov. 25, 2012.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 7,856, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 127 games and hasn't missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· K Garrett Hartley made his Browns debut and converted on field goals of 31 and 43 yards.
· The following injuries occurred during today's game:
o OL Ryan Seymour left the game in the second quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return.
o DL Ahtyba Rubin left the game in the second quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.
o QB Johnny Manziel left the game in the second quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return.
o DL Ishmaa'ily Kitchen left the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury and did not return.