Cleveland Browns at Buffalo Bills | Ralph Wilson Stadium | Nov. 30, 2014
· Cleveland recorded two interceptions. The Browns defense has forced 17 turnovers in the past seven games. On the season, the team owns a 6 turnover ratio.
· The Browns scored one rushing touchdown to increase their season total to 15 after posting four all of last season. The 15 rushing scores mark the most by the Browns since totaling 16 in 1987.*
· In the first quarter, the Browns orchestrated a 15 play, 91-yard drive that resulted in a field goal. The drive was the longest in terms of plays and distance this season for Cleveland.
· DB Joe Haden recorded two passes defensed, one interception and his first career blocked field goal. It was the Browns second blocked field goal this season. Haden has an interception in each of the past three games. Haden also helped limit Buffalo rookie WR Sammy Watkins to three catches for 11 yards.
· QB Brian Hoyer threw for 192 yards. With 3,056 passing yards this season, he is the seventh Browns quarterback to throw for 3,000 yards in a season and the fourth to reach the mark since the club returned in 1999. Hoyer's yardage total is the 11th-highest by a Brown in a season.
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON PASSING YARDAGE LEADERS
Player Year Games Total
1. Brian Sipe 1980 16 4,132
2. Brian Sipe 1981 16 3,876
3. Bernie Kosar 1986 16 3,854
4. Brian Sipe 1979 16 3,793
5. Derek Anderson 2007 16 3,787
6. Brian Sipe 1983 15 3,566
7. Bernie Kosar 1989 16 3,533
8. Bernie Kosar 1991 16 3,487
9. Paul McDonald 1984 16 3,472
10. Brandon Weeden 2012 15 3,385
11. Brian Hoyer 2014 12 3,056
12. Tim Couch 2001 16 3,040
· Rookie QB Johnny Manziel completed 5 of 8 passes for 63 yards. He rushed for 13 yards, including a 10-yard touchdown, the first of his career.
· WR Josh Gordon recorded seven catches for 75 yards. His 2,646 receiving yards are the most by Brown in their first 32 games with the team.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS IN FIRST 32 GAMES WITH THE BROWNS
Player Pos. Total
1. Josh Gordon WR 2,646
2. Mac Speedie WR 1,986
3. Braylon Edwards WR 1,948
· Making his first start of the season, DB Jim Leonhard recorded an interception in the end zone to thwart a potential Bills scoring drive. It was Leonhard's first interception of the season and 13th of his career. He has recorded at least one interception in each of the past eight seasons.
· WR Miles Austin registered season highs in receptions (seven) and receiving yards (86).
· DL Desmond Bryant registered his fourth sack of the season. He has 19 in his career.
· WR Andrew Hawkins recorded two receptions for 24 yards. He is leading the team in receptions (52) and receiving yards (718), both figures represent career highs.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 7,709, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 124 games and hasn't missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· Rookie DB Pierre Desir made his NFL debut as a reserve.
· K Billy Cundiff converted on one of two field goal attempts. He is 21 of 27 on the season.
· The following injuries accrued during today's game:
o TE Gary Barnidge left the game in the first quarter with an injury to his ribs and did not return.
o OL Nick McDonald left the game in the first quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.
o WR Miles Austin* was sent to a local hospital for further evaluation after experiencing abdominal discomfort following the game.
Postgame Notes: Cleveland Browns at Buffalo Bills