Cleveland Browns vs. Indianapolis Colts | FirstEnergy Stadium | Dec. 7, 2014
· Cleveland recorded four takeaways on defense (two interceptions and two fumbles). This is the second game this season that the Browns have forced four turnovers in a game (at Cincinnati on Nov. 16). The Browns defense has forced 26 turnovers this season, including 21 turnovers in the past eight games. On the season, the team owns a 8 turnover ratio.
· The Browns scored two defensive touchdowns, marking the first time the team scored two defensive touchdowns in a game since Dec. 15, 2013, against Chicago. Cleveland has three defensive touchdowns this season.
· The Browns scored one rushing touchdown to increase their season total to 16 after posting four all of last season. The 16 rushing scores mark the most by the Browns since totaling 16 in 1987.*
· Rookie RB Isaiah Crowell rushed for 54 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown. He has a team-leading eight rushing touchdowns this season, the third-most by a Browns rookie. Crowell entered the week leading all rookies in rushing touchdowns.
BROWNS SINGLE-SEASON ROOKIE RUSHING TOUCHDOWN LEADERS
Player Year Total 1. Trent Richardson 2012 11
2. Jim Brown 1957 9
3. Isaiah Crowell 2014 8
4. Travis Prentice 2000 7
Ron Johnson 1969 7
· LB Paul Kruger forced a fumble, recovered a fumble and registered half of a sack. After totaling 4.5 sacks last season, Kruger is leading the team this year with 8.5. He has a career-high three forced fumbles this season.
· Rookie DB Justin Gilbert recorded his first career interception and returned it 22 yards for a touchdown. He is the first Browns rookie to return an interception for a touchdown since Anthony Henry against Jacksonville on Dec. 16, 2001.
· DB Jim Leonhard registered six tackles, one interception and one sack. He has recorded an interception in each of the past two games. Leonhard is the first Brown to record an interception and a sack in a game since LB D'Qwell Jackson against Cincinnati on Sept. 16, 2012.
· LB Craig Robertson recovered a fumble in the end zone for a touchdown, the first score of his career. He added a season-high 12 tackles.
· WR Josh Gordon recorded two catches for 15 yards. His 2,661 receiving yards are the most by a Brown in their first 33 games with the team.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS IN FIRST 33 GAMES WITH THE BROWNS
Player Pos. Total
1. Josh Gordon WR 2,661
2. Braylon Edwards WR 2,065
3. Mac Speedie WR 1,993
· DL Desmond Bryant recorded half a sack. He has 19.5 in his career and 4.5 this season.
· TE Jordan Cameron recorded four receptions for 41 yards. He missed the previous five games with a concussion.
· DB Joe Haden forced a fumble and registered two passes defensed. Haden has been part of a takeaway in each of the past four games (three interceptions and a forced fumble).
· WR Andrew Hawkins recorded four receptions for 38 yards. He is leading the team in receptions (56) and receiving yards (756), both figures represent career highs.
· OL Ryan Seymour made his first career start, opening at center. The Browns have four (Seymour, Nick McDonald, John Greco, Alex Mack) different starting centers in one season for the first time since at least 1970.
· WR Travis Benjamin returned four punts for 65 yards with a 16.3-yard average. His 37-yard return in the first quarter was a season long for the Browns.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 7,772, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 125 games and hasn't missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· WR Marlon Moore recorded three special-teams tackles and forced one fumble.
· The following injuries accrued during today's game:
o DB K'Waun Williams *left the game in the second quarter with a hamstring injury and did not return.
Postgame Notes: Colts vs. Browns