Browns Give Back Donation Requests | Cleveland Browns - clevelandbrowns.com
Dear Browns Fans,
Thank you for your interest in the Cleveland Browns. We appreciate our fans and thank you for the time you have taken to reach out to us.
As we address the challenging circumstances surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) as a shared community, our number one priority is everyone's health and well-being. We are strongly encouraging all groups, including our fans, staff and community leaders, to stay informed and to heed to the best practices and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Following those protocols, we have directed the majority of our employees to work from home or remotely and are currently unable to fulfill donation requests. More information will be available on this page when we are once again able to evaluate and fulfill requests.
We recognize the wonderful things your organization is doing in the community and wish you the best in your outreach efforts.
Cleveland Browns Community Relations Team
Browns Give Back is pleased to have the opportunity to help your community. It is our honor to "give back" and contribute to non-profits that serve children and families in Northeast Ohio. We appreciate your support and continued interest. Due to the large volume of inquiries, please make sure to submit a formal request by following the procedures and guidelines outlined below. The procedures and guidelines are designed to assist you with the type of request your are inquiring about as it relates to the Browns potential involvement with your 501(c)(3) organization. Please Note: Submitting a request only guarantees consideration, it does not guarantee the Browns' involvement.
Due to the large volume of requests received on a monthly basis, there are no exceptions to the guidelines. Also, because of the number of requests received, the Browns have established a statewide policy for donations of charitable items. Organizations within the state of Ohio with a priority to Northeastern Ohio will receive primary consideration of support from the Browns depending on the nature and scope of the event.
The use of the Cleveland Browns name, trademarks (e.g. logos, team name and uniform, slogans, etc.) and copyrights (e.g. logos, game action photos and footage, etc.)(the "Club IP") is strictly prohibited unless otherwise permitted in writing. In the event use is permitted, Club IP shall only be used in accordance with the Browns' General Guidelines for the Use and Approval of Intellectual Property, such other guidelines and restrictions as the Browns may from time to time adopt, the rules of the National Football League, National Football League Properties, Inc., and all applicable law. All Club IP shall be and remain the property of the Browns. Any and all rights under trademark or copyright law or other property rights thereof shall inure to the benefit of and be the exclusive property of the Browns.
In-Kind Donation Requests
Procedures and Guidelines for Submitting a Donation Request
All donation requests must be submitted through our online donation form for your request to be considered, no exceptions.
• Organizations are eligible to receive only one donation item per year from the Browns.
• Your request for a donation item must be received by the Browns at least four (4) weeks prior to the day your organization needs the item.
• Your non-profit organization must have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
• You must enter your organization's valid Tax Exempt ID number on the online form in order for your request to be considered. (If you are a business sponsoring a charitable event, please ask a member of the charity to complete the donation request form.)
• It is recommended that your event not be centered around the anticipation of receiving a donation item from the Browns. Rather, a donation item should be an added element to your event.
• We do not accept personal items to be signed by players and/or coaches.
At this time, we have directed the majority of our employees to work from home or remotely and are currently unable to fulfill donation requests. More information will be available on this page when we are once again able to evaluate and fulfill requests.
Sponsorship or Financial Donation Requests
Procedures and Guidelines for Submitting Sponsorship or Financial Donation Requests
All sponsorship or financial requests must be submitted in writing at least six (6) weeks in advance of your event. Written requests must be submitted on your organization's official letterhead and include all of the information below:
• Organization's name, full address and telephone number
• Tax ID of charitable organization
• Type of event/program
• Contact person's name, full address and telephone number
• Date, time and length of event
• Event location
• Sponsorship levels/charitable contribution amount desired
Please mail typed request to:
Community Relations Department
76 Lou Groza Boulevard
Berea, OH 44017
Please fax typed request to:
Community Relations Department
What We Support:
The Cleveland Browns award grants to non-profit organizations and public agencies. When making grants, we seek organizations that are creating significant, lasting and transformational change – to help remove barriers so students of all backgrounds receive high-quality education and development opportunities. A significant portion of our grant-making is geographically focused on the Northeast Ohio area.
Please be advised that the Cleveland Browns do not fund the following areas:
• Land, building or vehicle purchase
• Political campaigns
• Nonprofit entities not located and operating primarily in the United States
• Conferences, seminars and workshops
• Organizations seeking underwriting for advertising
• Religious organizations (projects to promote religion)
• Loans of any type
• Personal scholarships
• Travel by groups or individuals
• Specific individuals
Organizations interested in seeking grant support from the Cleveland Browns are encouraged to explore our website comprehensively to learn about the foundation and the programs we support.
Grant applications are accepted on an invitation basis only, and funding is focused on supporting 501(c)(3) organizations and programs that align with the Cleveland Browns' mission. The Browns will not fund any group or organization who in policy or practice promote unfair discrimination.