1. The Browns finally broke their touchdown-less streak in first quarters on Sunday. Baker Mayfield scrambled away from Grady Jarrett and connected with Rashard Higgins for a 28-yard touchdown with 4:36 remaining in the first quarter.
The rookie quarterback looked sharp the entire drive, throwing crisp passes to Jarvis Landry and Breshad Perriman on out routes, and completed a pass to David Njoku through a narrow window over the middle.
2. The Browns' trickery paid off with 55 seconds left in the first half. Mayfield faked a hand off and a reverse, looked left and threw a screen to Nick Chubb on the right side for a 13-yard touchdown. Mayfield finished the first half a flawless 13-of-13 for for 165 yards and two touchdowns. And for the first time since Week 4 against Oakland, the Browns led at halftime.
3. T.J. Carrie changed the game with 13:39 remaining when he stripped Mohamed Sanu at the Falcons' 41. Sanu reached the ball forward trying to earn yardage, but Carrie knocked it loose and recovered the fumble himself. From there, Mayfield took advantage of the field position and capped the ensuing touchdown drive with an 11-yard touchdown pass to Duke Johnson.
The Cleveland Browns play the Atlanta Falcons at FirstEnergy Stadium in Week 10.
4. The running backs didn't stop there, either. With 8:45 remaining in the third quarter, Chubb ran for a 92-yard touchdown to extend the Browns' lead to 28-10. Chubb's touchdown was the longest run in Browns history, and it gave the Browns their biggest lead of the game and season.
5. With 11:29 remaining, the Browns defense finished the job with a goal-line stand. The Browns held the Falcons to zero points despite being faced with first-and-goal at their own six. Jabrill Peppers stopped Tevin Coleman from falling into the end zone inside the one yard line on second down, and the Falcons never gained the remaining inches. On fourth down, the Matt Ryan tried a pass to the back of the end zone, but it fell incomplete, leaving Browns players and fans celebrating, and Ryan unstrapping his helmet in frustration.