1. The Browns started fast for the second straight week, and for the second straight week, Breshad Perriman was a big reason why. Shortly after the Browns' defense forced a three-and-out, Baker Mayfield found Perriman for a 31-yard touchdown on third-and-9 during the Browns' opening drive. Perriman beat Tramaine Brock on a seam route and made the leaping catch over Brock's outstretched arms in the end zone.
2. The Broncos responded with an 88-yard drive two drives later. Of the 94 yards Denver amassed on the possession, 40 came on two penalties. One was for a helmet-leading hit by Jamie Collins Sr., the other for pass interference in the end zone on Terrance Mitchell. Case Keenum eventually capitalized on the Browns' mistakes with a 1-yard touchdown run in which Myles Garrett just missed grabbing Keenum's ankle before Keenum dove into the end zone.
3. The Browns embarked on a 9-minute drive to start the second half but came away with nothing. Mayfield felt pressure on the 18th snap of the drive, and the ball slipped out of his hand as he was trying to throw it. The Broncos recovered, the Browns squandered an opportunity and the Broncos kicked a field goal to break the 10-10 tie with 1:41 remaining in the third quarter.
4. T.J. Carrie flipped field position with 14:41 remaining. Keenum threw a deep crossing route intended for DaeSean Hamilton, but Carrie intercepted the pass at the Broncos' 48 and stayed inbounds despite Hamilton trying to push him out of bounds while Carrie was in the air. Six plays later, Mayfield fired a spiral to Antonio Callaway on a slant route for a 2-yard touchdown and the Browns' first lead since their first score.
5. The Browns took a risk to try to end the game with 1:53 remaining. Instead of kicking field goal, which would've forced the Broncos to score a touchdown, they went for it on fourth-and-1 at the Broncos' 10 yard line. Mayfield forced the Broncos to jump offsides at first, but Gregg Williams called a timeout right before the Denver defender jumped. Then the Broncos stopped Nick Chubb in the backfield on the ensuing handoff.
6. The Browns' defense responded, however. The Broncos reached midfield, but on fourth-and-10, Jabrill Peppers sacked Keenum on a blitz.
The Cleveland Browns play the Denver Broncos in Week 15.