*The Cleveland Browns are committed to the community. Through First and Ten, the Dawg Pound is encouraged to share what they are doing to give back. Get inspired and check out what these fans are doing to help their community:
*How do you give back?#give10
It's been 5 years since the Browns' First and Ten Movement was born! We're excited to share that players, coaches, staff and fans have chosen to #give10 and help inspire others to do the same. With nearly 2 million hours given back to the community, the Cleveland Browns are happy to provide an opportunity for you, your family and your friends to get out in the community, volunteer and help others. We've compiled a list of opportunities from our community partners that we hope will excite you to give back in a new way or start a new tradition today.
American Red Cross– The American Red Cross in the Northeast Ohio region encourages volunteers to give of their time to support the community. June 14 is World Blood Donor Day and they reach blood recipients in 19 counties, so find a blood drive or opportunity near you! There are a number of ways you can give back outside of the traditional blood donation:
- Service to the Armed Forces Casework
- Disaster Mental Health
- Blood Services Donor Ambassador
- Blood Services Transportation
- Hands-Only CPR
- Administrative Support
- Disaster Cycle Services
They are always coming up with new ideas of how you can #give10 and help your community. Not a part of the movement? Take the pledge to #give10 and help your community today!
Greater Cleveland Food Bank– The Greater Cleveland Food Bank supports families in more than six counties in Northeast Ohio. They distribute food and provide meals for students on the weekends and special holidays when they may not otherwise receive food. Their doors are always open for individual and group volunteers. There is a special volunteer opportunity coming up at the end of June.
Produce Distribution – June 21, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- 27 volunteers are needed to help load produce bags into shopping carts, serve clients and load into vehicles
Greater Cleveland Sports Commission– The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission brings sporting events to the Cleveland area to attract tourism and inject dollars into the local economy. All of the events they put on are run by volunteers like you. The two opportunities they have coming up in August and September are as follows:
- USA Triathalon 2018 National Championships – August 11 & 12 at Edgewater Park
* Certified Lifeguards * Race Packet Stuffing * Bike Course Support * Transition Assistants and more
* 2018 NEOCycle – September 7 – 9 at Edgewater Park
* Registration and Packet Pick-Up * Activity Coordinators * Night Ride Course Marshals * Edgewater Cyclocross Asssitants * Greeters and more
For all of these volunteer opportunities and more information on each organization, visit their website. #give10