Steve Wilks talked highly of his rookies Thursday, and his answer about fifth-round linebacker Mack Wilson provided some great foreshadowing for what unfolded at the end of Friday's practice.
"I love his athleticism," Wilks said. "When you look at him out in space, he plays well, good change of direction. When you look at the matchups throughout this league, a lot of times you do not really have safeties that can cover these big tight ends so you need a linebacker that can run. That is the mode that we have right now. He fits that mode right there being able to cover a tight end as well."
How's this for athleticism?
Here's the rest you might have missed from a memorable Friday in Berea.
Check out photos from the eighth day of Browns Camp by team photographer Matt Starkey
- Cleveland Browns Foundation, Ohio Department of Education and Proving Ground collaborate to launch statewide school attendance network
- What they're saying about Phil Dawson
- Browns sign TE Mik'Quan Deane
- News & Notes: Freddie Kitchens reconnects with Kurt Warner
- Fresh Takes: Day 8 Observations
- Dawson remembers, celebrates storied career as he retires a Brown