Baker Mayfield took some hits in 2019. He didn't take a ton -- especially during the second half of the season -- but enough to impact his offseason workout program.
From the moment he returned in April, Mayfield has looked bigger, sturdier -- whichever adjective you want. He was asked about it after Wednesday's practice, and he made it clear there was a purpose behind it.
"It is a better weight," Mayfield said. "I feel like I cleaned my diet up. Just being able to treat this offseason and come in to this year not having to do combine training and be able to focus on football related things. I feel good. As long as I am still able to move around, if I can add a little muscle mass to protect myself, that is good."
Asked what exactly he's tipping the scales at these days, Mayfield smiled.
"That's pretty private, man," Mayfield said.
Here's what else you might have missed from the last day of Browns training camp.
Check out photos from the last day of Browns Camp by team photographer Matt Starkey
- Browns sign WR Braxton Miller
- D'Ernest Johnson's path to the NFL included time spent out to sea
- News & Notes: Braxton Miller feels right at home in Cleveland
- Social Media Roundup: Not hearing much about the Browns? Just check your local newsstand
- Mack Wilson named 2019 Maurice Bassett Award winner
- Browns claim S Montrel Meander
- Browns eager for what's ahead after concluding physical training camp
- Fresh Takes: Observations from Day 19