The Cleveland Browns will take on the Jacksonville Jaguars on Friday, Aug. 12, 2022, at 7 p.m. EST at TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida.
- The Browns are coming off an 8-9 season in 2021. The Jaguars went 3-14 last season.
- The Browns last played the Jaguars in the first game of the preseason last year, when they won 23-13. They last played the Jaguars in the regular season in 2020, when they also won 27-25. The Jaguars lead the all-time regular season series, 12-6.
Storylines to Watch
- Deshaun starts – QB Deshaun Watson, who was acquired by the Browns in a trade with the Texans this offseason, is expected to make his Browns preseason debut and start the game.
- Other starters will play – In addition to Watson, the Browns are expected to open the game with most of their other starters.
- Browns rookies debut – Browns rookies — with the exception of injured rookie WR Michael Woods II (hamstring) — are expected to make their pro debuts.
Watch on TV
Pre-Game: Friday, 6:30 p.m., News 5 (Cleveland Area)
Game: Friday, 7 p.m., News 5
Announcers: Chris Rose, Joe Thomas, Aditi Kinkhabwala (sidelines)
• Watch live out-of-market preseason games across devices and live local & primetime regular season games on your phone or tablet. Start your 7-day free trial today!
• Get NFL+