Originally drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the fifth round (169th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Played in 44 games at Georgia, posting 176 tackles, 19 pass breakups, eight interceptions, six fumble recoveries and four forced fumbles.
- Played in six games with five starts as a senior in 2020 and recorded 26 total tackles, three interceptions and four pass breakups. Missed four games (plus all but the final play of the final game) due to injuries sustained in an Oct. 31 traffic accident.
- Co-winner of Defensive Most Improved Player award in his junior season in 2019. Saw action in all 14 games and was the team's third-leading tackler with 61 total stops.
- Led the SEC in fumbles recovered with three and was second in interceptions with four
- Notched two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl win over Baylor.
- Started 13 of 14 games in 2018 and was the Bulldogs' leading tackler with 74 total stops.
- Appeared in 10 games as a true freshman in 2017.
Browns Breakdowns: What Richard LeCounte III brings to the safeties
LeCounte, a sixth-round pick, had a productive college career at Georgia that provided reasons to believe he can turn in a solid rookie season
Browns rookie minicamp features 18 players, including 3 on tryouts
A much smaller version of the annual weekend tradition begins Friday in Berea
Browns sign deals with 3 rookies from 2021 draft class
LB Tony Fields II, S Richard LeCounte III and RB Demetric Felton signed their rookie deals Thursday ahead of rookie minicamp
By the Numbers: Breaking down the Browns' 2021 draft class
Here are some of the numbers that meant the most for each player in the Browns' eight-man rookie class