Drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round (227th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft...Released by the Vikings on Sept. 3, 2016…Signed to the Vikings' practice squad on Sept. 4, 2016…Signed to the active roster on Nov. 21, 2016…Signed by the Carolina Panthers on March 23, 2020 Released by the Panthers on Feb. 19, 2021…Re-signed to the Vikings on March 8, 2021…Traded to the Denver Broncos for a 2022 seventh-round pick on Oct. 23, 2021…Signed by the Cleveland Browns as an unrestricted free agent on April 18, 2022.
- Split time with Minnesota and Denver in 2021, combining to appear in 15 games and registering 2.5 sacks.
- Has appeared in 73 career games, amassing 106 tackles, 8.5 sacks and a pass breakup.
- Recorded first career sack against Buffalo on Sept. 23, 2018.
- Notched first career forced fumble in the second quarter against Philadelphia on Oct. 7, 2018, which DT Linval Joseph returned 64 yards for a touchdown.
- Started 21 of the 36 career games he played at Vanderbilt.
- Middle name, Dian, is a tribute to his grandmother, a Harvard and MIT graduate.
- Attended Shiloh High (Snellville, Ga.) as a senior after spending freshman-junior seasons at North Atlanta.
- Majored in sociology at Vanderbilt.
- Was an active participant in Vikings social justice initiatives, including trips to the Hennepin County Juvenile Detention Center and multiple Twin Cities high schools during his time in Minnesota.
- Active with the One Love Foundation, dedicated to eliminating relationship violence through education and empowerment on college campuses and worked closely with Vanderbilt's Project Safe Center while in school.
- Weatherly is a hobbyist glass-blower and appeared as a guest judge on season two, episode seven, of the Netflix show Blown Away, which premiered in 2021. In the episode, Weatherly references his experience in the football community to relate with the competing artists regarding the stigma around speaking about mental health and accepting physical damage to pursue something one loves.
- Traveled throughout Germany as a teen with the Fulton County Youth Commission, a leadership program for outstanding high school students in Fulton County, Georgia, with a primary purpose of advocacy for children and youth issues.
- Has a musical side, having learned to play nine instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, baritone, tuba, tenor sax, steel drums and piano and was on his school's robotics teams.
- Has an affinity for chess and math, can solve a Rubik's Cube, and enjoys puzzles and skateboarding.